Honda ST1300PA FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Compact, powerful 1261cc DOHC 90¡ V-4 produces 125bhp at 8000 rpm and 85 lb./ft. of torque at 6000 rpm. Longitudinal engine mounting eliminates an inefficient 90-degree turn in the power flow for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- The ST1300’s low overall center of gravity contributes to improved low-speed handling. The 360 degree crank contributes to a very broad powerband. Two engine counterbalancers virtually eliminate primary and secondary vibration. Both gear-driven counterbalancer shafts are installed in the lower crankcase, to the left side of the crankshaft. The first shaft is driven directly by the crankshaft at a 2:1 ratio. The second shaft is positioned below the first and is driven in the opposite direction by the first balancer shaft’s drive gear. The combination of these two balancers assures a supremely comfortable ride.
- Aluminum composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure-formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The composite sleeves provide better wear resistance and superior heat dissipation compared to conventional sleeves.
- Large, 31mm intake valves and 27mm exhaust valves feed a combustion chamber with a 10.8:1 compression ratio.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals. Four 36mm throttle bodies.
- High-pressure PGM-FI delivers fuel at 50 psi into each injector.
- Fuel is delivered through eight holes in each injector, producing a very fine spray and a highly combustible air/fuel charge for maximum combustion efficiency and power.
- PGM-FI combines a sophisticated throttle sensor, advanced 3-D digital fuel injection and ignition mapping and precisely metered fuel delivery to produce smooth and linear throttle response.
- ECU-controlled closed-loop emission control system utilizes two oxygen sensors to constantly deliver a precise air/fuel mixture, while two exhaust catalyzers further reduce emissions of carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and oxides of nitrogen.
- Auto-enriching system is integrated into PGM-FI module, optimizing the air/fuel mixture on cold starts and eliminating the need for a manual choke.
- Four-into-two stainless steel exhaust system features a pair of attractive triangular-section, 5.4-liter mufflers with stainless steel heat shields.
- Dampers on the transmission mainshaft, clutch and drive shaft reduce noise, vibration and driveline lash.
- High-output, 660-watt air-cooled alternator is relocated between the cylinder banks, contributing to a shorter and more compact engine design.
- U-shape aluminum radiator has excellent cooling capacity, a ring-type fan draws air through the radiator at low speeds to ensure stable operating temperatures for consistent performance and long engine life.
- Sturdy eight-plate hydraulic clutch.
- Cassette-type five-speed transmission features gear ratios that allow for quick acceleration and excellent roll-on performance.
- Quiet and reliable shaft-drive system is virtually maintenance-free.
- Rigid aluminum upper triple-clamp and a 45mm Honda Multi-Action System(tm) (HMAS(tm)) cartridge front fork provide excellent suspension control in a wide range of riding conditions.
- The rear suspension incorporates a single shock, which mounts directly on the swing-arm. The shock offers 1.2 inches of spring preload adjustability.
- Large 310mm stainless steel floating front brake discs and 316mm rear disc for ultimate stopping power.
- Wheels are three-spoke U-section cast aluminum. 5.0-inch-wide rear wheel sports a large, low-profile 170/60ZR-17 radial tire. The 3.5-inch-wide front wheel carries a 120/70ZR-18 radial tire.
- Full-coverage bodywork offers superb wind and weather protection, low noise and superior high-speed aerodynamics.
- Integrated lockable and detachable saddlebags hold 35 liters each. The saddlebags contain straps to limit bag opening to 90 degrees to better secure the contents. The straps are easily unbuckled when the bags are dismounted, permitting full access.
- Rugged, plastic-covered body-protector stays extend outward to protect the bodywork in case of a tip-over.
- Dual-section fuel tank places 5.5 gallons of fuel in the conventional tank location with an additional 2.2 gallons located in a sub-tank located low in the chassis. This results in an increase in fuel capacity and creates an even weight distribution for fuel.
- Electric fuel pump operates inside the sub-tank, providing consistent fuel pressure for the PGM-FI system.
- Headlight features dual lenses with twin-filament H4 low/high beam bulbs and multi-reflectors.
- A convenient push button located on the left side of the fairing electrically adjusts the headlight angle over a 2.5-degree range.
- A locking left-side fairing pocket offers the carrying capacity of an automobile console; a weather-resistant vinyl flap covers the right-side pocket.
- Breakaway rear view mirrors minimize damage in the event of a tip over.
- Convenient center-stand assist-lever folds neatly away when not in use.
- Integrated front and rear turn signals.
- Integrated ignition switch/fork lock. A single ignition key operates all locks.
- Non-transferable three-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
- Model: ST1300P
- Engine Type: 1261cc liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted 90¡ V-4
- Bore and Stroke: 78mm x 66mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Carburetion: PGM-FI with automatic enricher circuit
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping and electronic advance
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front: 45mm HMAS cartridge fork; 4.6 inches travel
- Rear: HMAS gas-charged single shock with five-position spring preload adjustability; 4.8 inches travel
- Front: Dual full-floating 310mm discs with LBS three-piston calipers
- Rear: Single 316mm disc with LBS three-piston caliper
- With ABS Tires
- Front: 120/70ZR-18
- Rear: 170/60ZR-17
- Wheelbase: 58.7 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.0¡
- Trail: 98mm (3.9 inches)
- Seat Height: 31.1 inches (+/- 0.6 inches)
- Dry Weight: 679 pounds
- Fuel Capacity: 7.7 gallons
- Color: White
- Meets 2008 CARB emissions standards.